Anyone would think we have a passion for cupcakes with this new recipe for Halloween spider cupcakes and sharing Black magic cupcakes! But we couldn’t go past these cuties for any themed party Halloween or kids’ party!
The other reason we love these brightly coloured orange and choc Halloween spider cupcakes are because they are healthy! They are simply oatmeal berry muffins doubled up as cupcakes for Halloween!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Halloween Spider Cupcakes Ingredients:
• 1 cup oats (not the quick cook variety)
• 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
• 1/2 cup low-fat milk
• 1 egg or 1/4 cup Eggbeaters
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1/4 cup wholemeal flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 cup light brown sugar
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 cup fresh or frozen (defrosted) mixed berries – raspberries, blackberries, blueberries.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F. Fill a muffin pan with liners if desired and spray pan/liners with cooking spray.
2. Mix together the oats, applesauce, milk, egg and oil in a bowl.
3. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and cinnamon. Make a well in the center and add oat mixture.
4. Combine well.
5. Add berries and fold in gently.
6. Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full and bake for 15-20 mins.
7. Decorate however you like. I used ready-made frosting and colored it orange using food colorings. Some brands have a lot more trans fat than others so look for one that is trans-fat-free.
Halloween Spider Cupcakes recipe from Guilt Free Cuisine